Follow these steps if you wish to apply for a Residence Visa or Permit under our Partnership Policy.
Complete the Application for Residence in New Zealand form (NZIS 1000) PDF.
Along with your completed (and signed) application form you will need to provide:
- your partner's completed and signed Sponsorship form (NZIS 1024) PDF
- evidence of your partner's immigration status
- if your partner is aged 17 or over, your partner??s police certificates from any country (except for New Zealand) that he/she lived for 12 months or more in the 7 years prior to the date your application is made
- evidence of your partnership
- the application fee.
For each person included in your application you will also need to provide:
- two recent passport-size photographs
- a valid passport or certificate of identity
- a completed Medical and X-ray Certificate form (NZIS 1007) PDF (Note: Pregnant women and children under the age of 11 years are not required to submit X-ray certificates unless a special report is required. For full details on health requirements, see our Health Requirements Leaflet (NZIS 1121) PDF)
- a police certificate less than 6 months old for each applicant aged 17-years and over for each country of citizenship and each country in which they have lived for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.
- a full birth certificate.
If you are overseas, find out where to send your application.
If you are in New Zealand, send or drop off your application to your nearest Immigration New Zealand branch.